INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Conference 2017
Thursday, June 29, 2017 to Friday, June 30, 2017
EURO WG Pricing & Revenue Management Workshop 2017
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
The 2017 INFORMS Revenue Management and Pricing Section Conference will be held at Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) in Amsterdam. The event is the premier forum for both academics and practitioners who are active in research in the fields of pricing analytics and revenue management.
The conference will host:
- More than sixty academic presentations;
- Talks by practitioners, on open RM problems from practice;
- A contest on dynamic pricing with competition;
- Plenary lectures by Peter Verhoef (Full professor Marketing at University of Groningen) on creating value with Big Data Analytics, and Maarten van der Lei (Vice-president Pricing and Revenue Management Europe at KLM-Air France) on integrated optimization of the airline value chain;
- The award ceremony for the INFORMS Revenue Management & Pricing Section Practice award;
- A tour through the canals of Amsterdam;
- Ample time to meet and catch up with your colleagues.
The conference will be preceded by the annual workshop of the EURO Working Group Pricing & Revenue Management: a single-track workshop focused on successful applications of recent scientific insights. Confirmed speakers for the Wednesday workshop:
- René AÏD (University of Paris-Dauphine)
“A Principal-Agent model for pricing electricity volatility demand”
- Franck Orieux (VP Revenue Management Cargo Air France – KLM), and
Ferran Garcia (head of the Cargo Operations Research department at Air France – KLM)
- Bjorn Arenoe (CEO and owner at Arenoe Marketing Intelligence)
“Dynamic Pricing at Wijnvoordeel.nl”
Dynamic pricing challenge!
A major open problem in our field is Dynamic Pricing with Competition and Incomplete Information. Practical relevance is enormous, but the problem appears intrinsically hard. To make progress, we organize a challenge to gain insight into what types of pricing algorithms work well. We invite everyone to participate in this challenge by submitting a pricing policy. We will evaluate all policies by simulating a competitive market with unknown demand characteristics. The winning team earns 500 euro. Participate in this challenge!